Said Faggioli, “Fr. Z is much more convinced about the Christian character of Donald Trump than of Pope Francis. That’s remarkable.”
Deaconette thinks Dr. Massimo Faggioli has an enviable gift of concision which has ever eluded her. Perfection being attained not by addition but by subtraction, Deaconette will not embellish on the good professor’s elegant and astute observation.
If you have not yet read the profile of Father Zuhlsdorf that ran in yesterday’s BuzzFeed, go do. Share it far and wide.
Deaconette firmly believes Father Gordon MacRae is where he belongs, much as did his jury. It also appears to her that the State of New Hampshire and the Diocese of Manchester, inter alia, concur. If your views are colored only by “These Stone Walls” and an over-zealous Catholic conservative press, she invites you to take a closer look into Father MacRae’s disturbing history.
That stipulated, Deaconette reminds us all that it is a corporal work of mercy to bring comfort to the imprisoned. If in your charity, to turn a phrase from a Pelagianistic Proto-Post-Pharisee, you are inclined to add funds to Father MacRae’s telephone account, do so.
Source: ACTION ITEM! Fr. Z calls for help for a wrongly imprisoned priest
Deaconette has in the past introduced you gentle readers to some of her sorority sisters. But you have been hanging around the sorority house for some time now, and it’s probably time that you meet the whole family. Yes? Well come in, wait, wipe your feet on the mat please. Now then, may I present Deaconette’s
- identical-but-ontologically-inferior twin blue sister Smurfette (Ma always liked me best);
- arty sister Palette;
- sister with the drinking problem Bachelorette;
- Texan food-service worker sister Charcoal Briquette;
- sisters Diskette and Cassette, together affectionately “the Obsolettes”;
- prissy sister Lorgnette;
- nutty sister Noisette;
- showoff sister Majorette;
- pregnant sister Layette;
- overweight sister Raclette;
- bitchy sister Martinet;
- sexy sister Coquette and slutty sister Nymphette (who are not to be confused with the sister who merely enjoys having her salad tossed occasionally, Vinaigrette);
- elusive sister Silhouette and black-sheep sister Oubliette;
- and Holy Mother (née holy sister) Popette, with whom you’re well acquainted already;
It recently came to the attention of Pope Francis that young seminarians in Rome are often admitted to studies by old men who like the young men that have a lot in common with their old man outlook, and not much in common with their peers. Benedict XVI appointed a lot of conservative bishops, and three of the four ornery Cardinals. But who am I to judge?